Telford Estate Agent
Permitted Payments and Tenant Protection Information
We are a member of Propertymark (which includes their Client Money Protection Scheme) and The Property Ombudsman. The information given below is provided to ensure you are fully informed of any fees and costs involved in renting a property through Hare Estates.
All fees & charges are shown inclusive of VAT.
For properties in England, the Tenant Fees Act 2019 means that in addition to rent, lettings agents can only charge tenants (or anyone acting on the tenant's behalf) the following permitted payments:
• Holding Deposit (per tenancy) One week's rent. This is to reserve a property. Please Note: This will be withheld if any relevant person (including any guarantor(s)) withdraw from the tenancy, fail a Right-to-Rent check, provide materially significant false or misleading information, or fail to sign their tenancy agreement (and / or Deed of Guarantee) within 15 calendar days (or other Deadline for Agreement as mutually agreed in writing).
• Deposits (a maximum deposit of 5 weeks' rent for annual rent below £50,000, or 6 weeks' rent for annual rental of £50,000 and above)
• Variation of Contract (Tenant's Request) £50 (inc. VAT) per agreed variation. To cover the costs associated with taking landlord's instructions as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.
• Change of Sharer (Tenant's Request) £50 (inc. VAT) per replacement tenant or any reasonable costs incurred if higher. To cover the costs associated with taking landlord's instructions, new tenant referencing and Right-to-Rent checks, deposit registration as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.
• Early Termination (Tenant's Request). Should the tenant wish to leave their contract early, they shall be liable to the landlord's costs in re-letting the property as well as all rent due under the tenancy until the start date of the replacement tenancy. These costs will be no more than the maximum amount of rent outstanding on the tenancy.
• During the tenancy (payable to the provider) if permitted and applicable
Utilities - gas, electricity, water.
Communications - telephone and broadband
Installation of cable/satellite
Subscription to cable/satellite supplier
• Unpaid Rent. Interest at 3% above the Bank of England Base Rate from Rent Due Date until paid in order to pursue non-payment of rent. Please Note: This will not be levied until the rent is more than 14 days in arrears.
• Lost Key(s) or other Security Device(s). Tenants are liable to the actual cost of replacing any lost key(s) or other security device(s). If the loss results in locks needing to be changed, the actual costs of a locksmith, new lock and replacement keys for the tenant, landlord any other persons requiring keys will be charged to the tenant. If extra costs are incurred there will be a charge of £15 per hour (inc. VAT) for the time taken replacing lost key(s) or other security device(s).
• Any other permitted payments, not included above, under the relevant legislation including contractual damages
For properties in Wales, the Renting Homes (Fees etc.) (Wales) Bill , once enacted, means that in addition to rent, lettings agents can only charge tenants (or anyone acting on the tenant's behalf) the following permitted payments:
• Holding deposits (a maximum of 1 week's rent);
• Utilities, communication services (eg. telephone, broadband), TV licence and council tax;
• Payments for the late payment of rent;
• A breach of a term of the contract;
• Any other permitted payments under the Renting Homes (Fees etc.) (Wales) Bill and regulations once enacted.